The Eastern Europe Tech Tour 2018 – Assembling Eastern Europe’s most thriving entrepreneurial ecosystems
A delegation of leading regional and international investors will join the Tech Tour 11-13 of June in Warsaw and Sofia. This strategic cross-border investment symposium will enable entrepreneurs to realise their full journey of innovation.
The Eastern Europe Tech Tour 2018 (EETT) gives regional and international investors a real chance to discover the region’s most thriving entrepreneurial ecosystems. The tour will showcase 30 of Eastern Europe’s most promising high technology companies. Half of the selected companies represent Central Eastern Europe (Poland, Belarus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia and Ukraine) while the other half represents the region of South Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Macedonia (FYROM), Moldova and Montenegro). The host cities are Warsaw, Poland (11-12 June), and Sofia, Bulgaria (12-13 June).
The 30 Tech Tour selected investment-seeking entrepreneurs will pitch their tech innovations to local and international funds and policy makers. The EETT 2018 Programme also includes panel discussions, One2One meetings, awards ceremony for the finalists and vast opportunities for networking during a 3-day extensive agenda. The official language of the Eastern Europe Tech Tour 2018 is English.
Warsaw, 11-12 June:
- 15 emerging and 15 growth companies from Central Eastern Europe (CEE) pitching their tech innovations in multiple locations across Warsaw;
- 30 local investment funds, including BlackPearls Capital, Innovation Nest, Dirlango, Inovo Venture Fund, Credo Ventures, Day One Capital, AVentures Capital, Buran VC, Karma Ventures, and more;
- 20 international investment funds and corporates including Samsung, IBM, Microsoft and more;
- The success story of Eastern Europe's newest unicorn – the Romanian robotic process automation company UiPath, presented by their early investor - Earlybird VC;
- Networking reception and dinner.
Sofia, 12-13 June:
- 15 emerging and 15 growth companies from South Eastern Europe (SEE) pitching their tech innovations at Sofia Tech park;
- 30 local investment funds including Earlybird, Eleven Ventures, LAUNCHub, BlackPeak Capital, RSG Capital, South Central Ventures and more;
- 30 Policy decision makers, incubators and accelerators from the Bulgarian Ministry of Economy as well as representatives of EIF, EIB, Bulgarian National Fund of Funds and National Promotion banks will debate the best innovation supporting policies in the region.
- The success story of Hungarian AImotive which recently raised a third round of $38M and has proved to be a leader in developing Autonomous self-driving car technology worldwide;
- Networking reception and dinner among the ancient Thracian treasures at the National Archaeological Museum of Bulgaria.
EETT 2018 is organised by Tech Tour, with support from the international venture fund Almaz Capital, the Bulgarian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVBA) and the social and economic development think tank Emerging Europe. See more about the organisers below.
Delegates can register for Warsaw and Sofia Event here.
EETT 2018 is led by 3 top investors of different backgrounds and sustained experience in the region.
- Alexander Galitsky, President of the Eastern Europe Tech Tour
Galitsky is a Managing Partner at Almaz Capital Partners, an international venture fund with its head office in Portola Valley, CA, which invests in early stage deep tech companies. Alexander is a well-known innovator, entrepreneur and investor in USA and Europe.
- Marcin Hejka, Head of Tech Tour’s Selection Committee for CEE
Hejka is a Co-founder and General Partner at OTB Ventures. In the past he worked at Intel Capital, first as Investment Director responsible for CEE investments and then as Vice-President and Managing Director for EMEIA. Marcin has been the Vice-Chairman of the Polish PE and VC Association.
- Evgeny Angelov, Head of Tech Tour’s Selection Committee for SEE
Angelov is a Chairman of the Bulgarian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association and a Partner at PostScriptum Ventures. Previously, he was an Economic Advisor to the President of Bulgaria and the Deputy Minister of Economy.
About Tech Tour
Founded in 1998, Tech Tour is a community for entrepreneurs and investors with strong positions in the venture capital market. We promote innovative companies and their projects through our online community platform and in person at our 25 networking events each year. We have 20-years of experience across Europe and the Middle East. Tech Tour presents a unique cross-border platform for growing and emerging innovative tech companies on their way to investment and funding – from the idea to the success story. For more information please see: www.techtour.com
About Almaz Capital
Almaz Capital is an international Venture Capital firm investing in early stage, capital efficient technology companies. Being a unique bridge-model investment fund with its head office in Silicon Valley, US, Almaz Capital connects entrepreneurs and engineering talent in USA and Eastern European /CIS countries. The fund invests in high-growth sectors such as artificial intelligence and blockchain applications, data engineering, cybersecurity, industrial IoT, networking architecture and infrastructure. The fund's investors include Cisco, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group. Founded in 2008, Almaz Capital has 8 exits and over 25 portfolio companies. For more information, please visit: www.almazcapital.com
About the Bulgarian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVBA)
The Bulgarian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association is a focal point of private investors, venture capital funds and the entrepreneurial community in Bulgaria. BVCA works alongside its members to improve the business environment and to drive innovation and growth in the country and the CEE region. The Association is committed to popularising the role of private investment as a reliable and sustainable source of funding for growing and established companies. For more information, please visit: http://bvca.bg/en/
About Emerging Europe (EE)
Emerging Europe is a London-based think tank committed to boosting the social and economic development of Central and Eastern Europe as well as raising awareness about the region. EE provides credible, impartial information and educational resources, leveraging advocacy where it is appropriate and signalling calls to action for engagement and collaboration. For more information, please visit: www.emerging-europe.com
Contacts: Hristo Hristov – firstname.lastname@example.org; Irina Goryacheva – Irina@almazcapital.com